Mobile Nations 5: A wedding and a funeral Phil, Kevin, Derek, Dan, Georgia, and Rene talk HP dumping webOS hardware, Google picking up Motorola Mobility, RIM's new BlackBerrys reviewed, and what it means for Microsoft and Apple. This is MobileNations!
- BREAKING: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"
- Could there be a suitor for webOS?
- Did iPad kill HP’s hardware business?
- Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility: Complete coverage
- Google’s $12.5 billion dollar Motorola insurance policy
- MSFT and Nokia stocks get a boost from Google's deal
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 Review
- BlackBerry Torch 9860 Review
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 Review
Got something to say? Agree or disagree with something we said? Have something you want us to discuss on a future show? Don't just sit there yelling at the screen, dammit, let us know!
- Phil Nickinson (@philnickinson)of Android Central
- Kevin Michaluk (@crackberrykevin) of CrackBerry.com
- Derek Kessler (@dkdsgn) of PreCentral.net
- Daniel Rubino (@Malatesta77) of WPCentral.com
- Georgia (@GeorgiaTiPb) of ZENandTECH.tv
- Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie) of TiPb.com
CreditsOur music is pROgraM vs. Us3R by by morgantj. Introduction by Joseph Holder.Thanks to the Smartphone Experts network of store for sponsoring this podcast, and to our fantastic live chat members for keeping us honest and making us smart!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.