How to disable notifications for shared Photo Streams
Photo Stream is a great way to share photos with friends and family who also use iPhones and iPads. However, the more shared Photo Streams you are a part of, the more notifications you will receive. That means each and every time someone adds photos, you'll be notified. If at some point you find you're getting too many notifications, you can easily disable them on a stream by stream basis if you choose.
How to disable shared Photo Stream notifications on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Shared tab in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on the Photo Stream you'd like to disable notifications for.
- Tap on People in the bottom navigation.
- Turn Off the option for Notifications.
That's it! You shouldn't receive any notifications for that particular shared Photo Stream anymore. You can also disable notifications for all Photo Streams if you'd like...
How to disable all Photo Stream notifications on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Notification Center.
- Tap Photos.
- Turn Off the types of notifications you don't want to receive.