Hop on that soapbox and shout to the masses using WhatsApps' broadcast lists!
All your friends are single. The time has come for you to meddle and play matchmaker. You want to ask them all who they're crushing on, but don't want a big awkward group chat. Time's a wastin'; what do you do?!
You use a broadcast list! The broadcast lists function lets you send messages to multiple contacts at once, without starting a communal group chat! This way, you can create multiple chats at once and you won't have to keep track of 20 contacts in the same conversation!
How to Set up a broadcast list in WhatsApp on iPhone and iPad
Before playing cupid, you need to set up your broadcast list to include all the contacts you want and none of the ones you don't. Here's how!
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen.
- Tap Chats on the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap Broadcast Lists on the top left of your screen.
Tap New List at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose contacts to add.
- Type the contact's name in the field.
- Tap the add icon on the top right of the screen. It's the plus sign.
- Tap the contact(s) you'd like to add.
- Tap Create on the top right of the screen.
Send messages and media the way you would normally.
Now you can send messages out to multiple contacts at once without starting a communal chat. Think of it sort of as an email blind carbon copy.