Niantic has confirmed that its augmented reality game Pokémon Go will have its launch in France delayed out of respect to the victims of the attack in its city in Nice last week.
While the highly popular game officially launched in 26 more countries today as part of a big European rollout, France was not among them. IGN France got a (translated) statement from Niantic on the decision to delay the launch in that country:
As a sign of respect for the French people in this time of national mourning, the release of Pokemon Go is postponed. Our thoughts and prayers are with France and the victims affected by this terrible attack.
There's no word on when the game will make its official debut in France.
- Pokemon Go beginner's guide
- Pokémon Go tips, tricks, and cheats
- Pokémon Go parents guide: Keep your kids safe!
- How to change your Pokémon Go trainer avatar
- How to track nearby Pokémon
- Where to find different types of Pokémon
- How to catch Pokémon
- How to evolve and level up Pokémon
- How to win gym battles and earn coins
- How to be lazy and play on the couch
- How to fix crashes and server errors
- Pokemon Go help and discussion forum