Nick Johnson, the first person to catch all 142 known Pokémon in America in Pokémon Go, is getting a free trip around the world to complete his collection. The trip, sponsored by Expedia and Marriott Rewards, will see Johnson head to locations such as Paris, Sydney, and Hong Kong.
From Business Insider:
First, Johnson and his girlfriend will fly to Paris on Friday evening, with flights covered by Expedia, to catch Europe's exclusive Mr. Mime. A day later, they'll take off for Hong Kong in search of Farfetch'd, and then a day after that it's off to Sydney for two days to catch Australia's Kangaskhan.
Johnson says that he won't be using Pokémon Go mapping apps to help him find each remaining creature. He'll instead rely on each city's Pokémon Go player community. If you want to follow along, Johnson will be writing up his experiences in each city for Expedia's Viewfinder blog, while also posting updates to Twitter and Snapchat.
- Pokemon Go beginner's guide
- Pokémon Go tips, tricks, and cheats
- Pokémon Go parents guide: Keep your kids safe!
- How to change your Pokémon Go trainer avatar
- How to track nearby Pokémon
- Where to find different types of Pokémon
- How to catch Pokémon
- How to evolve and level up Pokémon
- How to win gym battles and earn coins
- How to be lazy and play on the couch
- How to fix crashes and server errors
- Pokemon Go help and discussion forum