What you need to know
- Belkin has announced the SOUNDFORM™ FREEDOM True Wireless Earbuds.
- The earbuds are the first non-Apple headphones to support the Find My app.
Earlier today, Apple announced that third-party products can now be designed to work with the Find My app. Products that support the feature will be added to a new Items tab and will use the Find My network to let users locate them when lost.
As part of that launch, Belkin has announced that it will release the first non-Apple headphones that will support the Find My network. The SOUNDFORM™ FREEDOM True Wireless Earbuds boast up to 36 hours of battery life, Qi wireless charging, and are sweat and splash resistant.
Steve Malony, the CEO of Belkin International, says that including Find My compatibility will let customers listen a little more carefree than before.
Below is the full feature set of the new headphones:
- Powerful bass and exceptional clarity with minimal distortion
- Up to 8 hours of battery life in each earbud with an additional 28 hours of battery life from the case
- Track and locate the charging case in a private and secure way using the Apple Find My app
- Advanced environmental noise cancellation (ENC) reduces call background noise
- Improved call and audio quality with dual microphone, clear-call technology, and Qualcomm aptX audio
- Intelligent sensors allow for auto pause and play when the earbuds are taken in and out of ears
- Qi wireless charging enabled
- Sweat and splash resistant
- Compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices
The SOUNDFORM™ FREEDOM True Wireless Earbuds will come in Black and White and cost $100. You can preorder them now on Belkin's website and the first units are expected to ship out in June.
Belkin meets Find My
The first non-Apple headphones with Find My
The Belkin SOUNDFORM™ FREEDOM True Wireless Earbuds are the first non-Apple headphones compatible with Apple's Find My network. They boast 36 hours of battery life, Qi wireless charging, and are sweat and splash resistant.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.