What you need to know
- Brydge has announced the Air MAX+ for the 4th generation iPad Air.
- It is the first third-party keyboard and case combo for the device to feature a native multi-touch trackpad.
The company has announced the new Air MAX+, the first third-party keyboard and case combo for the 4th generation iPad Air that includes a native multi-touch trackpad.
The new Air MAX+ is the only independent keyboard/ case combo for iPad Air (4th generation) with a true native multi-touch trackpad. This antimicrobial keyboard and magnetic SnapFitTM Case features MIL- STD810G 4-foot drop protection and zero Bluetooth® lag with our Instant-OnTM functionality.
Brydge says that the keyboard case will boast a battery life of up to three months. Here is the full feature list for the Brydge Air MAX+:
- Native Multi-Touch Trackpad - The largest multi-touch trackpad available for the iPad Air (4th generation).
- Detachable Magnetic SnapFitTM Case -Simply snap your iPad into the magnetic back cover and easily remove for a flexible workflow.
- Instant-OnTM Connectivity - Instant connection via Bluetooth® 5.0 with zero lag, providing a seamless experience just like Smart Connector-based keyboards.
- Antimicrobial Protection - The case and keyboard exterior contain an active antimicrobial ingredient that inhibits the growth of microorganisms.
- Adjustable Backlit Keys - 3 levels of LED backlight that meet visibility demands and provide the ultimate typing experience in low to no light conditions.
Preorders for the Brydge Air MAX+ start today and shipments are expected to begin in June. The keyboard and case combo is priced at $150, half the cost of Apple's own Magic Keyboard for the iPad.