Brydge announces Air MAX+ keyboard case for 4th generation iPad Air
What you need to know
- Brydge has announced the Air MAX+ for the 4th generation iPad Air.
- It is the first third-party keyboard and case combo for the device to feature a native multi-touch trackpad.
Brydge is at it again, but this time it's all about the 4th generation iPad Air.
The company has announced the new Air MAX+, the first third-party keyboard and case combo for the 4th generation iPad Air that includes a native multi-touch trackpad.
Brydge says that the keyboard case will boast a battery life of up to three months. Here is the full feature list for the Brydge Air MAX+:
- Native Multi-Touch Trackpad - The largest multi-touch trackpad available for the iPad Air (4th generation).
- Detachable Magnetic SnapFitTM Case -Simply snap your iPad into the magnetic back cover and easily remove for a flexible workflow.
- Instant-OnTM Connectivity - Instant connection via Bluetooth® 5.0 with zero lag, providing a seamless experience just like Smart Connector-based keyboards.
- Antimicrobial Protection - The case and keyboard exterior contain an active antimicrobial ingredient that inhibits the growth of microorganisms.
- Adjustable Backlit Keys - 3 levels of LED backlight that meet visibility demands and provide the ultimate typing experience in low to no light conditions.
Preorders for the Brydge Air MAX+ start today and shipments are expected to begin in June. The keyboard and case combo is priced at $150, half the cost of Apple's own Magic Keyboard for the iPad.
A magical keyboard for the iPad Air
A solid Magic Keyboard alternative.
The Brydge Air MAX+ is the first third-party keyboard/case combo with a native multi-touch trackpad. It is also half the price of Apple's own Magic Keyboard.
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.