What you need to know
- Apple has released a new update for GarageBand on iOS and iPadOS.
- The update features support for Dark Mode and external drives.
- There's also a new downloadable "Skyline Heat" sound pack.
Following the release of iOS 13, Apple on Thursday rolled out an update for GarageBand, and you can download it now for iPhone and iPad.
The biggest change in the latest update is support for Dark Mode, which gives GarageBand a sleek new look. It will make putting together tracks late into the night a little easier on the eyes.
The update also introduces the ability to access files from external drives and search for Apple Loops by Sound Library, and more. There's also a new "Skyline Heat" sound pack.
Here are the release notes (via 9to5Mac):
- Support for Dark Mode and new Share sheet in iOS 13
- Access files from external hard drives, SD card readers, and USB drives
- Improves audio fidelity of Apple Loops when making tempo and key changes
- New downloadable "Skyline Heat" sound pack with a collection of over 350 new Hip Hop loops and 6 drum kits
- Search for Apple Loops by Sound Library pack name
- Provides performance and stability improvements
The GarageBand update is available now for iOS and iPadOS.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Cyber Monday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
Your Mac holds your digital life, so make sure to back it up!
One of the most important things you should be doing with your Mac is backing up all of its data. Here are some of our favorite solutions for backing up your most important files, should anything ever happen.