OmniFocus for iPhone and iPad has received a substantial update, hitting version 2.6 and adding new color options, swipe to flag, and more responsive syncing. There are also a number of other improvements and fixes.
The Omni Group has turned on beta support for push on the Omni Sync Server, which will result in faster syncing between OmniFocus on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. You can now also sync while during editing, and push is turned on by default.
OmniFocus 2.6 for iPhone and iPad also adds a dark theme and swipe to flag, which lets you easily flag items. You can see everything in this update in the list below:
- Dark Color Palette — Choose between light and dark color palettes, or have OmniFocus automatically adjust as background lighting shifts. You'll find controls for this feature in OmniFocus Settings.
- Swipe to Flag — Toggle the flag on tasks or projects from any list or outline.
- Responsive Syncing — OmniFocus now uses Push to trigger syncs so that changes made elsewhere are dowloaded to your device more quickly. As of this release, support for Push on the Omni Sync Server is in beta (https://www.omnigroup.com/blog/push-triggered-sync-in-omnifocus) . Even if you sync with your own WebDAV server, this feature changes the amount of (anonymous) data that reaches Omni servers; check out this support article for more information (https://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-push-architecture). In order for your Mac to trigger a sync in OmniFocus for iOS, it must be running OmniFocus 2.2.1 or later.
- Sync Settings — Sync Settings have been redesigned to incorporate Push, as well as provide a client list and a log of recent syncs.
- Incompatible Database Alert — This now offers to email OmniFocus support and include debug information that will help us find out why you received it.
- Sync While Editing — OmniFocus now integrates sync changes in many more situations*, though sync is still postponed:
- While creating a new item.
- While a text field is being edited (i.e. the keyboard is open).
- While a sub-editor like the repeat details view is open.
- HTTP Request Headers —- Our WebDAV HTTP requests now include an X-Caused-By: header which indicates the reason for the current operation. We'll be using this header to analyze the effects of Push on Omni Sync Server traffic.
- Cold Launch — Updated the splash image used for cold launch to be less jarring when the dark palette is enabled.
- Inherited Dates — Inherited dates now appear in italics to reduce confusion.
- Edit Mode — We no longer give the No Context group drag handles in edit mode, since it can't be moved.
- Grouping Counts — Grouping counts now immediately update in response to view option changes.
- Apple Watch App — Fixed a problem where counts on the home screen and glance were not updated when crossing over midnight.
- Due Date Picker — If a Defer Date is set, the Due Date now defaults to it instead of Today.
- URLS in Notes — Made tapping links in notes easier.
- Sharing from Other iOS Apps — If a share provider provides separate title and content, we now place the title in the new action's title and the content in its note.
- VoiceOver — Greatly improved VoiceOver support.
- Miscellaneous Fixes — Assorted smaller crash fixes and stability improvements.
You can grab OmniFocus 2.6 for iPhone and iPad now from the App Store.
- $39.99 - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
SENA Wallet Book Case beautifully protects your iPhone and valuables
This gorgeous case holds your iPhone as well as up to three cards plus cash securely.
'App Store Confidential' is in number one spot on Amazon thanks to Apple
The controversial "App Store Confidential" book is now the number one bestseller on Amazon. All because Apple is trying to get it banned.
AirPods Pro Lite rumors just won't go away with mid-2020 launch suggested
If AirPods and AirPods Pro aren't right for you, what about AirPods Pro Lite? A new report suggests a mid-2020 launch window.
Want to get rolling? Here are the best fitness trackers for cyclists
Track every rotation of your ride with these fitness trackers designed specifically for cyclists.