The whole point of the smartphone revolution was we could carry the power of a full-blown computer in our pocket. We didn't have to make room for more stuff... until it came time to charge the battery. Then you needed a backpack just to carry all your cords and power adapters and giant, monolithic, battery packs.
That's the beauty of a mini external charger like the RAVPower Luster Mini 3350mAh portable battery pack. It can fit in your pocket, or purse, and you don't have to go out of your way to keep your phone juiced up. Right now it's down to $4.99 with code RAV3K5SD.
Its normal street price is $11. We haven't seen another deal on this RAVPower since the end of August and that deal only dropped it to $7, not $5.
Despite its size, it still has enough power to fully charge an iPhone 7 and similar phones. Assuming you actually leave the house with a full charge (and didn't forget to charge it all night like I usually do), it should keep you topped off while you're out. Other features include:
- Thoughtful And Ergonomic Design: White plastic cap at the top and unique clip-inspired design prevent the charger from scratching and rolling off your desk
- Easy-to-press power button plus three status LEDs keep you informed of remaining capacity
- 1A output and 1A input: charge faster and smarter than others. Automatically detects and delivers the optimal charging current for any connected device, which ensures the fastest and most efficient charge
- Short-circuit and over-current protection will make the charger automatically shut down if a short circuit or overload output occur while the unit is charging
- Ultra reliable Lithium-Ion battery with over 500 battery charge cycles
RAVPower offers an 18-month warranty for the charger as well.
More from Thrifter:
For more great deals be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
J.D. Levite has been in the deals game since 2012. He has posted daily deals at Gizmodo, The Wirecutter, The Sweethome, and now for Thrifter. He was there for the first Prime Day and has braved the full force of Black Friday. If you cut him, he bleeds savings. But don't try it for real. That's a metaphor.