Blogsy is a blogging iPad app that takes full advantage of the iPad's touch interface by making it super easy to drag photos, videos, links, and more directly into the post you are writing. Blogsy is a full-featured blogging app that any blogger is sure to appreciate and offers support for WordPress, Blogger, Tumbler, Posterous, Drupal, and more.
When you first launch Blogsy, you will be prompted to watch tutorial videos on the developer's website and a sample post that briefly helps you get started will be open. Even if you don't own Blogsy, yet, you can check out the videos to get a feel for it before making a purchase.
One of the big features of Blogsy is it's integration with popular photo and video services. You can login to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Picassa, Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo to easily drag and drop images and videos directly into the post you are writing. There is also a built-in browser that allows you to drag images from Google Image Search and if you want to insert the website's URL as a link, you simply highlight the text you want to use the for the link, switch to the in-app browser, and drag the link into the post with the drag tool. It doesn't matter where you drop the link, it will automatically be attached to the text you highlighted.
When inserting a photo, Blogsy provides a lot of formatting options including alignment, size, alt text, caption, and link URL. Blogsy also includes a lot of options for text formatting in the toolbar making it easy to make your post look amazing. If rich text isn't your style, though, you can switch to the HTML edit with a swipe of three fingers to the right.
Although creating posts quickly and beautifully is a breeze with Blogsy, accessing posts that have already been published is a bit cumbersome. To do so, you must tap the settings button for the post you are currently working on (this section lets you add a title, tags, categories, and more), tap the Online tab at the top, select the correct blog, and then tap the post you wish to edit. I often times use my iPhone and iPad to fix mistakes in posts I've already published, so it's disappointing to me that it takes so many taps to access my published posts.
- Easily drag and drop images, videos, or links from Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Instagram and Google Image Search, YouTube, Vimeo, or using the built-in Web browser
- Style your blog posts with the tap of a button - bold, italics, text alignment and more.
- Full support for multiple blogs and multiple photo and video accounts.
- Easily change image and video properties and alignment through menus.
- Write and edit HTM if you prefer
- Set or create lables/tags and categories, toggle comments on and off, and set visibility.
- Create scheduled posts, online drafts, and pending-review posts.
- Support for local drafts.
- Edit or delete online posts or pages.
- Upload images from your iPad photo library to any blog media library, Picasa, Flickr or Facebook.
- Easily access YouTube tutorials from inside the app
- Cumbersome to access published posts
If you're looking for a great blogging app for your iPad that makes it easy to upload photos, then you'll definitely want to take a look at Blogsy. It's integration with Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube and other services really sets Blogsy apart from the other blogging apps available.