Is your iTunes Store app crashing after updating to iOS 7? Here's how to fix it!
We've seen a few readers complaining that after upgrading to iOS 7 the iTunes Store app on their iPhone or iPad won't launch and just crashes immediately after trying to open it. From what we've managed to dig up, you aren't alone in having the issue but fortunately, there are a few solutions that seem to be working for people.
Here they are:
Quit the iTunes Store app and try relaunching it
- Double tap the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to bring up the multitasking section.
- Find the iTunes Store app and swipe up in order to quit it.
- Now relaunch the app and see if it still crashes.
If the app is still crashing, keep reading. If the iTunes Store app now works, that's it.
Enter iTunes through the Music app instead
- Launch the Music app on your iPhone or iPad that's having the problem.
- In the upper left hand corner, tap on Store.
You should be re-routed to the iTunes Store app. This time, it should load just fine. You should only have to do this one time and find that after loading it through the Music app, the iTunes Store app loads fine on its own. If it doesn't or it's still crashing, continue on.
Change your Cookie settings
- Launch the Settings app from your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Safari.
- Under the Privacy & Security section, tap on Block Cookies.
- Make sure that From third parties and advertisers is selected.
People that have it set to Always seem to be the ones having trouble connecting to the iTunes Store app for some reason.
Still having issues?
If you've tried all the steps above and you still can't launch the iTunes Store app, you may have to fully restore your iPhone or iPad. If you've found another workaround or solution that worked for you, let us know in the comments!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!