As expected, Apple today announced iPhone 4S, their fifth generation iPhone that looks exactly the same on the outside but is all new on the inside.
- Apple A5 chipset, dual core Cortex A9 for 7 times faster graphics. This is basically the iPad 2 chip but probably not clocked as fast.
- Longer batter life - 8 hrs talk time on 3G, 9 hours browsing on Wi-Fi, 10 hours video, 40 hours music.
- New intelligent switching between antennas
- HSPA+ 14.4 (no 21?)
- CDMA + GSM World phone
- 8mp rear-facing camera, CMOS backside illuminated sensor, 73% more photons! High end IR filter. Wide f2.4. Super fast photo taking chip. 1.1 seconds for first photo.
- 1080p, real-time video stabilization, real-time temporal noise reduction.
- SIRI artificially intelligent voice control (looks great).
- 16GB, 32 GB, 64GB
- AT&T/GSM, Verizon, Sprint
More as this develops!
From the Editor's Desk: Let's 'Unpack' this folding phone trend
With March just around the corner, we expect to see a new iPhone, but it will definitely not be a foldable one. Find out what we think of Samsung's Z Flip and more.
Former Apple exec being sued for poaching talent is now suing Apple
Apple accuses Gerard Williams III of poaching chip designers for his new startup and has taken the matter to court. Now he's accusing Apple of the same.
This is how easily Apple could and should make a folding iPhone
Apple hasn't made a folding iPhone yet. But it could.
iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot, but you can use a flash drive instead!
Having a flash drive that works with your iPhone is a great little piece accessory to have in your back pocket!