What you need to know
- Apple has posted a new job to add to its health team.
- The company is seeking a senior cardiologist with previous health product and technology experience.
Apple is continuing to build its health team, this time by looking for a "senior cardiologist with previous health product and technology experience."
As reported by MyHealthyApple, the job description for the new role says that "the cardiologist will partner with cross-disciplinary teams on identifying key areas of focus with consideration for Apple's product and technologies and on defining and developing new product concepts. "
Below are the qualifications for the role:
- MD with deep expertise in cardiology
- Previous Health Product and Technology experience required, preferably regulated medical products and/or digital health products.
- Preference for experience in clinical development process for regulated health products, including pivotal clinical studies.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work interpersonally with a wide range of team members and experts
- Board Certified in General Cardiology with Active US Medical License This resource will play an integral role in working with engineering and design teams on clinical product development.
According to the report, this new position will help "define clinical feature definitions and specifications."
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.