What you need to know
- Apple has updated the Apple Configurator 2 app with support for macOS Big Sur and Apple silicon.
Apple has updated its Apple Configurator 2 app for the Mac, adding support for macOS Big Sur and its own Apple silicon processors.
In addition to adding the support macOS Big Sur and Apple silicon, Version 2.13.3 introduces some other enhancements and bug fixes as well:
- Support for macOS Big Sur
- Support for restoring macOS on Mac computers with Apple silicon
- Automatically install MobileDevice updates required to restore iOS
- Web Clip: configure Ignore Manifest Scope and Target Application Bundle Identifier
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
The Apple Configurator app helps IT administrators deploy and stay in control of fleets of Apple devices for both schools and businesses.
You can download the new version of Apple Configurator 2 from the Mac App Store.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.