Every week at iMore we publish more breaking news, in-depth reviews, helpful how-tos, and editorial views than you can shake an apple at. While we're waiting for the week that will be to begin, here's a look back at the week that was, and at the very best iPhone, iPad, Mac, app, and accessory coverage we brought you! This week we have a new show, a bunch of iOS 8 feature requests, some thoughts on Google advertising beyond the phone and Microsoft aiming the Surface beyond the tablet.
- iMore show 403: WWDC 2014 preview: Jim Dalrymple of The Loop joins Rene to talk about the Apple Store, Angela Ahrendts, and mobile payments, WWDC 2014, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8, the difference between Google and Apple, and more!
- Vector 41: Mergers and accusations: Ben Bajarin of Techpinions talks with Rene about mergers, including the just-completed Microsoft and Nokia, the ongoing Comcast and Time Warner Cable, the just announced AT&T and DirectTV, and the rumored YouTube and Twitch and Apple and Beats deals.
- Debug 36: Rich Siegel on BBEdit: Rich Siegel of Bare Bones Software talks to Guy and Rene about the journey of BBEdit from the classic Mac OS to OS X, PowerPC to Intel, 32- to 64-bit, and the direct sales to the Mac App Store.
- Connectedly 1: Welcome!: Kevin, Adam, and Rene welcome you to the new Connectedly show where we'll be talking about the internet of things, including smart watches, TVs, cars, music, lights, and more!
- ZEN & TECH 66: Tech for living Zen: Georgia and Rene talk about all the gear and gadgets they use to make their lives easier and happier, including phone holders, coffee makers, kitchen cutters, connected lights, phone and tablet chargers, and more!
- The TV Show 2: Kill Your Darlings: Dave and Rene discuss the Gotham and Flash trailers, Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D finales, Big Bang Theory and Castle finales, try to remember 24 hour 3, Dick Whitman vs. Don Draper on Mad Men, and the consequences of killing characters.
- Review 12: Arrow: Serenity, Guy, Dan, Rene, and Dave get all up into the CW's Arrow. Based on DC Comics' Green Arrow, we discuss the first 2 seasons of Oliver Queen lost on the island of Purgatory and the city of Starling, the characters, arcs, and themes.
- iOS 8 wants: Our ongoing list of all the things we'd love to see in iOS 8.
- Apple once again speculated to be the first trillion dollar company — here's why: Because what's better than a billion dollars...?
- Using strong passwords and keeping your online self secure: eBay was the latest breach. Use it as a chance to update all your weak passwords.
- On Google, advertising, and invading your home appliances: You can skip this ad and adjust your Nest in 3 seconds (kidding!)
- Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 switches targets from iPad to MacBook: Microsoft has gone from "no-compromises" to targeting the iPad to targeting the MacBook Air and Ultrabook in three revisions flat!
- Rumored reasons rumored Apple/Beats deal hasn't been rumored done
- Apple fixes server-side iMessage bug, will fix additional bug in future software update: You'll still have to de-register from iMessage if you want to switch back to SMS in a timely fashion, but Apple's squashing the bugs that made de-registration unreliable.
- Apple retains exclusive rights to Liquidmetal alloy in consumer products: Still waiting to see what they do with it, though.
- Verizon to flip the switch on nationwide HD Voice VoLTE in a few months: The future will be packetized!
- Intel's next-generation Broadwell processors due by the holidays — faster and longer lasting Macs are coming: Sad news for anyone hoping for a Broadwell-based Retina MacBook Air this summer...
- Tapbots rolling out critical update for Tweetbot: Download the new version, stat.
- Best Memorial Day apps for iPhone and iPad: GrillTime, AccuWeather, HISTORY Here, and more!: Enjoy your holidays, iPhone and iPad style!
- Best camera apps for iPhone: VSCO Cam, ProCamera 7, Camera+, and more!: How to make your bad photos good and your good photos great!
- Best document scanner apps for iPhone: Scanner Pro, TinyScan, PaperBox, and more!: You have paper, you need a document file. Here's how to get it.
- Best streaming video apps for iPhone and iPad: Netflix, Amazon Instant, Plex, and more!: There's great stuff to watch on your iPhone, and here are the best ways to watch it!
- How to block Facebook game requests on iPhone and iPad: You know all those super-annoying game requests friends who should know better keep sending you? Here's how to kill them. The requests, that is.
- How to record, trim, edit, and share videos on an iPhone or iPad: If you just want to quickly shoot, edit, and share a video, the built in Camara app has everything you need.
- How to take panoramas with your iPhone: If the image you want to capture won't fit in a single frame, you can switch to panorama mode and still capture every bit of it.
- How to use Siri with typing instead of your voice on iPhone and iPad: You can't start off this way, but once you've asked Siri one question, you can edit the text to keep asking more.
- How to quickly delete photos and videos to free up storage on your iPhone or iPad: Running out of precious storage space on your iPhone or iPad? Photos and videos eat up a lot of space. Clearing some out can save tons of space for other things!
Your most important story of the week?
That's just some of what we published last week. What do you consider the most important story? Did we list it or did we miss it? Let me know!
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Cyber Monday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
Need a clicker for your Apple TV? Here are the best
Whether you hate the Siri Remote, lost your old one, or just scouting out the market, here are our favorite remotes to control your Apple TV.