What you need to know
- Come From Away will premiere on Apple TV+ on September 10.
- Apple is adapting the Broadway musical into a feature film.
Come From Away is coming for your television screen next month.
Today, Apple announced that the Tony and Olivier Award-winning hit musical will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 10. The film is directed by Tony Award winner Christopher Ashley who also directed the original Broadway production. Irene Sankoff and David Hein, who wrote the original book, music and lyrics, are also serving as executive producers.
"Come From Away" tells the story of 7,000 people stranded in the small town of Gander, Newfoundland after all flights into the US are grounded on September 11, 2001. As the people of Newfoundland graciously welcome the "come from aways" into their community in the aftermath, the passengers and locals alike process what's happened while finding love, laughter and new hope in the unlikely and lasting bonds that they forge.
The live performance of "Come From Away" was filmed this past May at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater in New York City, where the Broadway production is staged, for an audience that included 9/11 survivors and front-line workers; and employed over 200 people including members of the Broadway crew, staff and creative teams.
Apple has listed the full cast of the recorded production below:
- Petrina Bromley (original cast member of "Come From Away," "The Sound of Music") as Bonnie and others.
- Jenn Colella (original cast member and Tony Award nominee for "Come From Away," "If/Then") as Beverley/Annette and others.
- De'Lon Grant (National tour for "Jersey Boys") as Bob and others.
- Joel Hatch (original cast member of "Come From Away," "Billy Elliot," "Annie") as Claude and others.
- Tony LePage ("Rock of Ages") as Kevin T. and others.
- Caesar Samayoa (original cast member of "Come From Away," "Sister Act," "The Peewee Herman Show") as Kevin J./Ali and others.
- Q. Smith (original cast member of "Come From Away," "Mary Poppins," "Les Misérables") as Hannah and others.
- Astrid Van Wieren (original cast member and Dora award nominee for "Come From Away") as Beulah and others.
- Emily Walton ("Peter and the Starcatcher," "August: Osage County") as Janice and others.
- Jim Walton ("Sunset Boulevard," "The Music Man") as Nick/Doug and others
- Sharon Wheatley (original cast member of "Come From Away," "Avenue Q," "Les Misérables," "Cats" and "The Phantom of the Opera") as Diane and others.
- Paul Whitty ("Once," "Gettin' the Band Back Together," "Amélie," "The Full Monty") as Oz and others.
Come From Away will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 10. If you want to enjoy the musical in the best quality possible, check out our list of the Best TVs for Apple TV 2021.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.