Currently running iOS 5 beta 7 and wondering how to Jailbreak? Well you're in luck, you can now do so with the newest version of Redsn0w. Of course this one is also tethered like the previous beta versions of RedSn0w for iOS 5.
Be advised that not all jailbreak apps and tweaks have been updated to support iOS 5. If you're alright with running tethered and don't mind a few bugs here and there, follow along for a quick walkthrough.
By this point, almost anyone jailbreaking is already familiar with RedSn0w and how it works. It's no different this time.
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
And I can't say this enough times, if your device is not listed above, please do not attempt to jailbreak it on iOS 5!
What you need
After you have iOS 5 beta 7 installed on your device, your device backed up, and your version of iTunes upgraded to the newest beta version, follow the steps below to jailbreak.
- First launch RedSn0w.
- It should ask you to navigate to a firmware file. Simply navigate to the iOS 5 beta 6 firmware file instead of beta 7.
- Once you click next, RedSn0w will take a minute to do it’s thing. You should see a patching kernel message and that Redsn0w successfully recognized your firmware.
- Next select the options you’d like RedSn0w to perform. I typically only select Install Cydia. It’s worth noting that this is where you will perform a tethered boot if needed as well. You will just select Just boot tethered for now if you need to do this or your device reboots or dies.
- Redsn0w will now walk you through putting your device into DFU mode
- After you’re successfully in DFU mode, simply let Redsn0w do its thing and you’re done!
That's it! The process is pretty much the same as the first time around. But if you do run into problems or have questions, make sure you check out our TiPb Jailbreak Forums. We've got tons of great members more than ready and willing to help!
[Daily Tips](/tips] range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Get the Aviary Twitter app for just $1.99, today only!
You haven't lived until you've used a third-party Twitter app like Aviary. You want to live, don't you?
Apple's Black Friday iPhone SE sale essentially makes the price $290
The iPhone SE is already an incredible price, even without any discounts, but with Apple's Black Friday sale, you can get one for a song.
Which AirPods should you buy on Black Friday?
Thinking of buying AirPods for Black Friday but can't decide which ones you should get? I've got some advice that should help you decide.
Never lose power on your iPod touch
It's essential to get a portable charger for your new iPod touch. Here are some of our favorites to get the job done.