Currently running iOS 5 beta 7 and wondering how to Jailbreak? Well you're in luck, you can now do so with the newest version of Redsn0w. Of course this one is also tethered like the previous beta versions of RedSn0w for iOS 5.
Be advised that not all jailbreak apps and tweaks have been updated to support iOS 5. If you're alright with running tethered and don't mind a few bugs here and there, follow along for a quick walkthrough.
By this point, almost anyone jailbreaking is already familiar with RedSn0w and how it works. It's no different this time.
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
And I can't say this enough times, if your device is not listed above, please do not attempt to jailbreak it on iOS 5!
What you need
After you have iOS 5 beta 7 installed on your device, your device backed up, and your version of iTunes upgraded to the newest beta version, follow the steps below to jailbreak.
- First launch RedSn0w.
- It should ask you to navigate to a firmware file. Simply navigate to the iOS 5 beta 6 firmware file instead of beta 7.
- Once you click next, RedSn0w will take a minute to do it’s thing. You should see a patching kernel message and that Redsn0w successfully recognized your firmware.
- Next select the options you’d like RedSn0w to perform. I typically only select Install Cydia. It’s worth noting that this is where you will perform a tethered boot if needed as well. You will just select Just boot tethered for now if you need to do this or your device reboots or dies.
- Redsn0w will now walk you through putting your device into DFU mode
- After you’re successfully in DFU mode, simply let Redsn0w do its thing and you’re done!
That's it! The process is pretty much the same as the first time around. But if you do run into problems or have questions, make sure you check out our TiPb Jailbreak Forums. We've got tons of great members more than ready and willing to help!
[Daily Tips](/tips] range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Tim Cook pens open 'Speaking up on racism' letter
Tim Cook has written an open letter titled 'Speaking up on racism.'
If Apple made an iPhone mini, this might be what it would look like
We're never short of iPhone concepts but this thing takes the biscuit. It's a sort of iPhone mini, but not. It's hard to explain, but it's awesome regardless.
Snapchat stops promoting President Trump following violent tweets
Snapchat will no longer promote President Donald Trump to its Discover page following violent Tweets posted over the weekend.
iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot, but you can use a flash drive instead!
Having a flash drive that works with your iPhone is a great little piece accessory to have in your back pocket! Here are the best options for backing up your phone.