Disney+ is here. No more trials. No more exclusives. If you're in the United States, Canada or the Netherlands, you can now purchase a subscription to Disney+, and watch everything in the Disney vault. That includes franchises like Star Wars and the Marvel Cinematic Universerse. It includes television staples like The Simpsons and everything in the FX lineup. It includes the Pixar family of movies. And, of course, it includes everything from Disney proper.
Only one thing remains, then: It's time to subscribe to Disney+. Here's how to do it:
How to subscribe to Disney+
- Go to the Disney+ site in your phone or computer's web browser.
Tap the subscription type you'd prefer to use: $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year.
- Enter the email address you want associated with your Disney+ account. Note: If you're looking to bundle things with Hulu and ESPN+, you'll need to use the same email address for all three.
- You can uncheck the promotional emails checkbox if you don't want to receive them. They're opt-out rather than opt-in, and now's the easiest time to turn them off if you don't want them.
Tap Agree & continue.
- Enter a strong password you want to use with your Disney+ account. The gauge below the password box will show you the strength of your password, which must contain six characters and at least one number or special character.
- Enter your Credit card information or PayPal information.
Tap Agree & subscribe.
Your payment method will be charged at the end of your 7-day trial.
Monthly vs. yearly subscription
You can save about $14 — give or take local taxes — by opting for the yearly payment option rather than the monthly payment option. If you intend to stick with Disney+ for the long haul, the annual option is worth investing in, but if you can't afford the lump sum, you're only paying a dollar or so more per month going with the more regular billing cycles.
A magical streaming service
Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney — and more
Disney is finally bringing all of its content under one roof for streaming, after years of it being split on half a dozen services. Disney+ will feature original content as well as timeless classics from Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic, Marvel, Disney Channel, and Fox.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.