## What you need to know
- Niantic has announced a Mystery Box event coming to Pokémon Go.
- Beginning Tuesday, November 17, 2020, Trainers will have one week to participate.
- Shiny Meltan, Shiny Slowpoke, and Mega Pidgeot Energy will be avaiable.
Niantic has announced the next event coming to Pokémon Go: a Mystery Box event. To commemorate the integration of Pokémon Go into Pokémon HOME, Trainers will have one week of special Pokémon encounters, Special Research, and more. Running from Tuesday, November 17, 2020, at 8 AM through Monday, November 23, 2020, at 10 PM local time, the following Pokémon will have increased spawn rates:
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Alolan Diglett
The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 KM Eggs:
- Nidoran ♀
- Nidoran ♂
The following Pokémon will be featured in Raid battles:
Note: The Swords of Justice will appear between Monday, November 16 andTuesday, November 24.
Event exclusive Timed Research:
- Mega Pidgeot Energy
- Poké Balls
- Slowpoke encounters
- Gible encounters
Additional bonuses include:
- Shiny Slowpoke will be appearing more often.
- Event exclusive Field Research will feature Slowpoke.
- Mega Pidgeot will have higher CP during the event.
- Shiny Meltan will be available in the Mystery Box.
- Melmetal Jacket, the Melmetal Vest, Melmetal Shoes, and Grand Oak's Glasses in the Avatar Style Shop.
Sounds like it will be another busy week in Pokémon Go! I know I'm going to be trying for a Shiny Meltan, but what part of the event are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out our Best Pokémon Go Accessories, so you'll be fully equipped for your Pokémon journey!
Casian Holly has been writing about gaming at iMore since 2019, but their real passion is Pokémon. From the games to the anime, cards and toys, they eat, sleep, and breathe all things Pokémon. You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.