Pokémon Go is intended to get you out and about, both on your own and with family and friends. One of the ways Pokémon Go tries to bolster activity is with events. Some of the events get splashy announcements and coincide with big public holidays. Others are quieter and more regular. Here's what's happened already and what's coming up next.
The deal given is no longer valid and we do not have a better one. However, we have found some similar deals
Anker Soundcore Life Q30 hybrid active noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
$59.99 $79.99 Save $20
These hybrid Bluetooth headphones reduce ambient noise up to 95% thanks to active noise-cancelling mics. The battery lasts up to 40 hours with ANC on or 60 hours with it off, and recharge via USB-C. Clip the $20 on-page coupon.
Anker Powerline II 6-feet USB-C to Lightning cable
$12.74 $15.00 Save $2
When using a USB-C power adapter (not included), you'll get the fastest possible charge for your iPhone. Plus you can seamlessly sync and charge your Mac. This is Apple MFi certified and lasts 12 times longer than other cables.
Anker Liberty Air 2 Pro true wireless earbuds Best Buy
$79.99 $130.00 Save $50
These earbuds have active noise-cancelling that's customizable with a simple app. You'll get a total of 26 hours of playtime with seven hours from a single charge and the rest from the charging case. Uses USB-C and has wireless charging.
Anker Soundcore Rave Neo portable Bluetooth speaker with LED lights
$84.99 $120.00 Save $35
Includes a rechargeable battery that will last for up to 18 hours and can charge other devices with the USB port. IPX7 rated for water resistance. The built-in LED lights will sync to the music you're playing. Connect multiple speakers together.
Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro true wireless earbuds black
$49.99 $100.00 Save $50
They last for up to eight hours on a single charge with up to 32 hours total using the charging case. They have quick charge so you can get two hours after 10 minutes spent charging. They also charge via USB-C or a Qi wireless charger.
Team Go Rocket PokeStop Takeover on July 28
Team Go Rocket has taken over. New York. The @PokemonGoApp Twitter account. And soon, all of our PokeStops can has been theirs.
Sunday, July 28, 2019 from 4pm-5pm local time, at least.
SUP, TWERPS! 👋 While all of you were distracted with the little stunt that we pulled in New York, we mobilized our forces for a GLOBAL TEAM GO ROCKET INVASION! From 4 to 5 p.m. in your local time, we’ll be taking over ALL the PokéStops in your area. Teehee. 🙃 #TeamGORocket pic.twitter.com/7KZ6HFS3jDSUP, TWERPS! 👋 While all of you were distracted with the little stunt that we pulled in New York, we mobilized our forces for a GLOBAL TEAM GO ROCKET INVASION! From 4 to 5 p.m. in your local time, we’ll be taking over ALL the PokéStops in your area. Teehee. 🙃 #TeamGORocket pic.twitter.com/7KZ6HFS3jD— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) July 28, 2019July 28, 2019
Team Go Rocked Disruption from July 25 to August 1
Team GO Rocket's arrival seems to have disrupted Pokémon habitats! We have yet to understand why these Pokémon in particular are suddenly appearing more frequently. Perhaps they have some special significance wherever Team GO Rocket came from?
Date + Time
- Thursday, July 25, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Thursday, August 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Oddly specific Shiny Pokémon have started appearing! Our research has found that if you're lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Ekans or Shiny Koffing in the wild, in raids, or in Eggs!
- The following Pokémon will hatch more frequently from Eggs: Rattata, Ekans, Sandshrew, Zubat, Meowth, Machop, Magnemite, Grimer, Gastly, Drowzee, Cubone, Koffing, Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndour, and Poochyena.
- Raids will feature Pokémon that we believe are significant to Team GO Rocket.
Our information is incomplete, and investigations into this phenomenon are ongoing, so be on the lookout for other surprises!
We hope these are the last of the disruptions we'll see from Team GO Rocket...
Straw Hat Pikachu Arrives in Pokémon GO from July 22 through July 29
Armored Mewtwo in Legendary Raids from July 10 to July 31
Mewtwo returns...with a new look. For a limited time, you can encounter this Psychic-type Pokémon in five-star raids.
Date + Time
- Armored Mewtwo will appear in five-star raids from July 10 at 1:00 p.m. PDT to July 31 at 1 p.m. PDT
- For the first time in Pokémon GO, Armored Mewtwo will be available to challenge in raids for a limited time!
- Do you consider yourself a Mewtwo Trainer? Show off your prowess for power and aesthetics with some stylish new items coming to the Style Shop!
Deoxys Speed Forme in EX Raids starting June 23
Pokemon Summer Event Rewards
Go Fest Chicago Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Raikou will be available in raids for a short period of time (date and time to be announced later). If you're lucky, you might encounter Shiny Raikou!
Go Fest Dortmund Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Entei will be available in raids Sunday, July 14, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you're lucky, you might encounter Shiny Entei!
Go Fest Yokaham Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, August 13, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Suicune will be available in raids on Saturday, August 17, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you're lucky, you might encounter Shiny Suicune!
Pokemon Go Summer Community Day Schedule
This is great. Makes it way easier to plan for the community days.
For those interested in the upcoming worldwide Community Day events, mark your calendars for the following dates:
- April 13 (Bagon)
- May 19 (Torchic)
- June 8 (Slakoth)
- July 21 (Mudkip)
- August 3 (Ralts)
What Pokémon Go events do you want to see?
If you were planning the next big Pokémon Go event, when would you have it and how would you handle it?
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.