Pokémon Go is intended to get you out and about, both on your own and with family and friends. One of the ways Pokémon Go tries to bolster activity is with events. Some of the events get splashy announcements and coincide with big public holidays. Others are quieter and more regular. Here's what's happened already and what's coming up next.
Charge it all
Thanks to this limited time Prime Day offer, Anker's portable 10000mAh battery pack with USB-C PD is down nearly 50%. Be sure to grab one now, before they're gone!
$45.99 $20 off
The deal given is no longer valid and we do not have a better one. However, we have found some similar deals
Anker Soundcore Strike 3 Gaming Headset
The Soundcore Strike 3 headset offers virtual 7.1 surround sound with oversized 52mm driver and comfortable ear pads made with soft memory foam. There's a detachable noise-canceling microphone as well.
Anker Bolder LC90 rechargeable LED flashlight
Uses a 900 lumen Cree LED for super bright light up to 660 feet. Fully zoomable with wide and narrow beams. Has five adaptable settings including SOS and Strobe. Lasts up to six hours with rechargeable battery. IP65-rated for water resistance.
Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo True Wireless Earbuds
These true wireless earbuds come with a charging case that allows for up to 20 hours of battery life while on-the-go, and multiple styles are on sale today at Amazon with prices up to $20 off while supplies last!
Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD Portable Charger
Anker PowerPort Atom III Slim 30W Power Delivery USB-C Charger
Thanks to its Power Delivery support, this USB-C charger can power up devices much faster than standard options can. Today you can pick one up at a new low price on sale at Amazon.
Team Go Rocket PokeStop Takeover on July 28
Team Go Rocket has taken over. New York. The @PokemonGoApp Twitter account. And soon, all of our PokeStops can has been theirs.
Sunday, July 28, 2019 from 4pm-5pm local time, at least.
SUP, TWERPS! 👋 While all of you were distracted with the little stunt that we pulled in New York, we mobilized our forces for a GLOBAL TEAM GO ROCKET INVASION! From 4 to 5 p.m. in your local time, we’ll be taking over ALL the PokéStops in your area. Teehee. 🙃 #TeamGORocket pic.twitter.com/7KZ6HFS3jD— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) July 28, 2019
Team Go Rocked Disruption from July 25 to August 1
Team GO Rocket's arrival seems to have disrupted Pokémon habitats! We have yet to understand why these Pokémon in particular are suddenly appearing more frequently. Perhaps they have some special significance wherever Team GO Rocket came from?
Date + Time
- Thursday, July 25, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Thursday, August 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Oddly specific Shiny Pokémon have started appearing! Our research has found that if you're lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Ekans or Shiny Koffing in the wild, in raids, or in Eggs!
- The following Pokémon will hatch more frequently from Eggs: Rattata, Ekans, Sandshrew, Zubat, Meowth, Machop, Magnemite, Grimer, Gastly, Drowzee, Cubone, Koffing, Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndour, and Poochyena.
- Raids will feature Pokémon that we believe are significant to Team GO Rocket.
Our information is incomplete, and investigations into this phenomenon are ongoing, so be on the lookout for other surprises!
We hope these are the last of the disruptions we'll see from Team GO Rocket...
Straw Hat Pikachu Arrives in Pokémon GO from July 22 through July 29
If you enjoy collecting Pikachu wearing amusing hats in Pokémon GO, there's still one piece to that puzzle that you need. Luckily, the latest in the grand line of behatted Pikachu is arriving soon in the form of Straw Hat Pikachu!
From July 22, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. through July 29, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. local time, this special Pikachu will appear in the wild, giving Trainers plenty of chances to add it to their crew. Pikachu's kicky straw hat is perfect for keeping the burning sun at bay during these sunny summer months. If you want to coordinate your avatar's outfit with Pikachu, there will be a matching straw hat available in the Style Shop.
You're sure to treasure this new addition to your team, so don't miss out—get ready to head out on another grand Pokémon GO adventure!
Armored Mewtwo in Legendary Raids from July 10 to July 31
Mewtwo returns...with a new look. For a limited time, you can encounter this Psychic-type Pokémon in five-star raids.
Date + Time
- Armored Mewtwo will appear in five-star raids from July 10 at 1:00 p.m. PDT to July 31 at 1 p.m. PDT
- For the first time in Pokémon GO, Armored Mewtwo will be available to challenge in raids for a limited time!
- Do you consider yourself a Mewtwo Trainer? Show off your prowess for power and aesthetics with some stylish new items coming to the Style Shop!
Deoxys Speed Forme in EX Raids starting June 23
Starting on June 23, 2019, at 8 a.m. PDT, Trainers who receive EX Raid Passes will encounter Speed Forme Deoxys in EX Raids!
Pokemon Summer Event Rewards
Go Fest Chicago Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Raikou will be available in raids for a short period of time (date and time to be announced later). If you're lucky, you might encounter Shiny Raikou!
Go Fest Dortmund Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Entei will be available in raids Sunday, July 14, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you're lucky, you might encounter Shiny Entei!
Go Fest Yokaham Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, August 13, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Suicune will be available in raids on Saturday, August 17, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you're lucky, you might encounter Shiny Suicune!
Pokemon Go Summer Community Day Schedule
This is great. Makes it way easier to plan for the community days.
For those interested in the upcoming worldwide Community Day events, mark your calendars for the following dates:
- April 13 (Bagon)
- May 19 (Torchic)
- June 8 (Slakoth)
- July 21 (Mudkip)
- August 3 (Ralts)
What Pokémon Go events do you want to see?
If you were planning the next big Pokémon Go event, when would you have it and how would you handle it?
Elevate your Apple Watch with this elegant bracelet-style Wearlizer band
This pretty rhinestone-enhanced Apple Watch bangle bracelet looks more like jewelry on your wrist than a health and fitness band.
Ukraine's Foreign Minister alludes to resolution over Apple Maps and Crimea
Ukraine's Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko has hinted at a resolution to the Apple Maps Crimea controversy, after meeting with Apple VP Lisa Jackson at Davos.
macOS Catalina bug sees displays reset to max brightness after sleep
Some users are reporting their macOS Catalina machines are setting themselves to maximum brightness after waking from sleep
These are all the amiibo you can use in Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch
Loving Splatoon 2? You can pick up various amiibo to use with your game to unlock characters, save customization options, and more. Here are all the amiibo you can use in Splatoon 2.