Unlike Mute, Do Not Disturb turns of both sounds and taps on your Apple Watch.
The idea of Do Not Disturb, as the name suggests, is to keep your Apple Watch collecting notifications without actually notifying you. That might sound strange, but if you're asleep, in a meeting, at the movies, or otherwise at a time and place where you don't want noise or haptics to bother you, but you don't want a list of everything you might have missed in the meantime, Do Not Disturb will do exactly that.
How to set up Do Not Disturb on the Apple Watch App for iPhone
- Launch the Apple Watch app from your iPhone's Home screen.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Toggle Mirror iPhone to On.
There are no custom settings for the Apple Watch, at least not yet. So, if you want to make changes, you'll need to make them for your iPhone as well.
How to manually enable Do Not Disturb on your Apple Watch
- Press the Digital Crown until you get to your watch face.
- Swipe up to bring up glances.
- Swipe all the way left to get to the Settings glance
- Tap on the Do Not Disturb button.
To turn off Do Not Disturb, repeat the same steps.