Ford has updated its MyFord mobile app with support for the Apple Watch. The apps are geared towards owners of Ford's electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, specifically the Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Focus Electric and Ford Fusion Energi. The smartwatch apps allow owners of these vehicles to check the range and charge status of their car's battery life and remaining range, for instance.
In addition to checking your car's battery, there are a number of other MyFord functions that have been brought down to size for your smartwatch. Here's everything you can do with MyFord Mobile for Apple Watch:
- Range and charge status for battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- Capability to initiate preconditioning of vehicle cabin remotely
- Locking/unlocking capability
- Vehicle mileage summary
- Last trip summary includes personal driving score, percentage of electric vehicle miles
- Vehicle location provides walking or driving directions back to your parked car
The update to MyFord Mobile is available now from the App Store.
- Free - Download Now