PocketCPR app by the British Heart Foundation hits the App Store
The British Heart Foundation has released an app that provides detailed instruction on how to give CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) should the need ever arise. Performing CPR could save the life of a friend or relative and is a practice everyone should know how to perform.
The British Heart Foundation PocketCPR provides REAL-TIME feedback and instructions on Hands-only CPR that empowers ANYONE to learn and practice CPR, so that they can be READY when seconds really count!!! The technology is the same as that used in the ZOLL PocketCPR for actual rescue from sudden cardiac arrest. This version teaches Hands-only CPR skills according to the latest American Heart Association and European Resuscitation Council CPR and ILCOR Guidelines as published on October 18, 2010.
- BHF Pocket CPR is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR app can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help
- Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the phone for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing
- Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer
- PocketCPR will remind you to Call for Help, to Check Responsiveness, and to perform Hands-only CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Association and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
- Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on Hands-only CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival.
- Precise metronome to pace chest compressions
- Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower
- Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions
- Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer
- Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR
- Complete Instructions for Use
- Ability to capture and email CPR compression data and accelerometer data allowing the user to record the quality of the CPR chest compression training
The British Heart Foundation PocketCPR app is available free for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It requires and iOS 4.3 or later.
Have an app you’d love to see featured on iMore? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we’ll take a look.
[gallery link="file" order="DESC" columns="2" orderby="title"]