Developer Disruptor Beam has launched its free-to-play action-adventure game Star Trek Timelines for the iPhone and iPad. This game looks like it is made for hardcore fans of the nearly 50-year old franchise, as it allows players to go on missions and pick characters from the five Star Trek TV shows and the first 10 films to join you (sorry, the J.J Abrams-directed NuTrek movies are not included).
Here's a breakdown of what players can expect:
- Assemble your crew from hundreds of favorite Star Trek characters from The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise, each with unique skills and abilities
- Command iconic starships, including the USS Enterprise, a Klingon Bird of Prey, The Defiant, Voyager, Borg Cubes, and many more!
- Explore the galaxy, gaining influence among a dozen factions, including the Federation, the Maquis, the Dominion, and the Terran Empire (TOS: "Mirror, Mirror").
- Engage enemies in stunning 3D ship-to-ship battles
- Stunning graphics and original art bring Star Trek to life in the most immersive and thrilling game experience available
In addition, if you have iOS 9, you can use its ReplayKit support to record your gameplay missions and share them with others. Please note that while the game is free to download and play, it does contain in-game purchases.
- Free - Download now