SwiftKey, Android's favorite keyboard, finally comes to iOS — as SwiftKey Note!
SwiftKey Note brings the power and precision of one of the worlds best virtual keyboards, along with the convenience of Evernote sync, to the iPhone and the iPad for the first time. SwiftKey is an incredibly intelligent virtual keyboard that's been winning fans on Android — and getting embedded into devices — for years. Since Apple doesn't allow third party keyboards out of apps, SwiftKey had to take their technology inside. So, why a note-taking app?
SwiftKey is all about speed and accuracy. Getting what's in your head onto the screen in as quick and correct a manner as possible is their reason for being. What better first entry onto iOS then a note-taking app? I've been using SwiftKey Note during the beta, and as someone who's tried covering events, and tried keeping up as I jot things down in sessions and meetings, SwiftKey Note is terrific.
There is a compromise. Since SwiftKey keyboard can't exist outside the SwiftKey Note for iOS app, they've kept consistent where it matters most. They know no one can build up real muscle memory for a keyboard that exists in only one app, so they've kept the look and layout the same as the default keyboard, and concentrated on enhancing rather than replacing it. And it works really well.
iPhone and iPad users won't be alienated, SwiftKey veterans will be mostly at home, and SwiftKey Note will likely end up being the go-to app for Evernote users who want to power through text input.
Check it out in the App Store now, and let me know what you think!
Free - Download now
SwiftKey Note brings faster note taking to iPhone and iPad
App introduces SwiftKey’s magical word prediction technology to iOS alongside integration with the Evernote Platform
San Francisco, CA, January 30, 2014 - Award-winning personalized technology company SwiftKey® today launched SwiftKey Note, its debut product on the Apple App Store℠. The fastest way to take notes on iPhone® or iPad®, the free app uses artificial intelligence to suggest words in real-time that are tailored to each user’s writing style.
The app features a tight integration with Evernote®, giving users the option to personalize SwiftKey’s word suggestions based on their Evernote archive and providing seamless sync of new SwiftKey Notes onto the platform.
SwiftKey’s hallmark prediction bar above the keyboard makes typing faster and easier. It offers highly personalized auto-corrections and three next-word predictions as a user writes. The app also gets smarter the more it’s used as it adapts to each individual’s writing style.
Joe Braidwood, SwiftKey’s Chief Marketing Officer, said: “With SwiftKey Note, we’ve worked closely with Apple and Evernote to bring all of the power of SwiftKey’s mind-reading prediction technology to iPhone and iPad users everywhere. Whether it’s in the meeting room, lecture hall or grocery store, with SwiftKey Note you can now take much faster notes, getting a more human typing experience from your devices and remembering more of the things that matter in your life.”
Chris Traganos, Head of Developer Outreach at Evernote, said: “Pairing SwiftKey’s predictive keyboard with the Evernote Platform is a transformative experience for creating quick notes. We’re excited to have SwiftKey Note’s two-way sync with Evernote and to build this relationship.”
Today’s launch marks the first time SwiftKey’s word prediction technology has been made available on the App Store. The company is already well known for SwiftKey Keyboard, the best-selling paid app on Google Play™ in 2013. It also partners with major technology companies, software vendors and healthcare providers to provide a more productive, more human typing experience in a range of contexts.
SwiftKey Note’s key features include:
- Faster, easier note taking - with three next-word suggestions and personalized auto-correction;
- It learns from you - the more you write, the more tailored your predictions become;
- Organize your notes - group related notes together in notebooks, label and categorize your notes with tags for easy searching;
- Evernote personalization - let SwiftKey’s prediction technology learn from your archive;
- Evernote sync - sync newly created notes across devices or to the cloud and import and create new notebooks and tags with your Evernote account;
- Easy formatting - swipe the word suggestion bar to the left to reveal bold, italic, underline, indent and bullet points options;
- Share your notes - using AirDrop, Messages, Mail or Copy to Clipboard, as well as Evernote sync;
- Multilingual - get contextual word suggestions in up to three languages simultaneously;
- Track your stats - get real-time analysis of your typing productivity including Efficiency, Keystrokes Saved, Typos Corrected, Words Predicted and Words Completed;
- Easy on-boarding - a fun and engaging tutorial introduces new users to SwiftKey’s prediction technology.
SwiftKey Note currently supports the following languages: English (US), English (UK), French (FR), French (CA), German, Italian, Spanish (ES), Spanish (US)
The app is available globally for free through the App Store and is compatible with iPhones, iPads and iPod touch® devices running iOS 6 or later. Formatting is currently only supported on iOS 7.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!