A high school student had her iPod explode on her desk yesterday and luckily not a single student was injured. This is not the first time we've heard of exploding iPods or iPhones but this particular case seems to be a little different so don't be so quick to blame Apple. Gizmodo points out that another student has told the true story.
blockquote>"The iPod did not just explode. It was broken so a kid took the entire thing apart and was rubbing wires against the battery, which became very hot, then exploded. This is not a faulty product that caused a danger to people. This was bored kids, in a classroom with a substitute all week, who found a dangerous way to entertain themselves."