Each week, the App Store highlights some of the best new and updated apps. This week, there's a big update to Duolingo, new indie games, and get discounts on productivity apps.
This week in the App Store, we start off with a major update to language education app Duolingo, which has added 30 colorful characters to make learning more visual. PatPat is a new app focusing on deals on items for mothers and babies. There's also Next Keyboard, which offers several themes and ways to customize your typing experience. Finally, there's Clashem, which lets you participate in five-second video battles with your friends.
- Duolingo - Free - Download Now
- PatPat - Free - Download Now
- Next Keyboard - $3.99 - Download Now
- Clashem - Free - Download Now
This week in games we have a number of compelling new titles, starting with tactical combat game Dungeon Boss. There are also several new interesting indie games, starting with I Am Bread, which puts you in the role of, yes, a piece of bread, wandering around a kitchen. The Deer God is a pixel art survival game in which you play as a hunter transformed into a deer. Take on a quest for deep sea survival in Seashine. Finally, there's Breakneck, a new, futuristic racing game that challenges you to evade alien pursuers to complete your mission.
- Dungeon Boss - Free - Download Now
- I Am Bread - $4.99 - Download Now
- The Deer God - $6.99 - Download Now
- Seashine - Free - Download Now
To help you work smarter, the App Store is offering discounts on several productivity apps. Some, like Fantastical and Workflow, have received straightforward discounts, while others, like Evernote and 1Password, currently have their in-app purchases on sale. 1Password's Pro features, for instance, are available for 50% off at $4.99.
- Fantastical - $2.99 - Download Now
- Workflow - $2.99 - Download Now
- PDF Expert 5 - Free - Download Now
- 1Password - Free - Download Now
- Evernote - Free - Download Now
Check back next week for more new apps and games from the App Store, and remember to check out this week's Free App of the Week.