￼Amazon￼'s Audible has updated its audiobook app, introducing a new Clips feature. With Clips, you can now easily share short snippets of your favorite books over email, SMS, Facebook post or Messenger, Twitter, and WhatsApp. On iPhone and iPad, you can also tap the More option to bring up the standard iOS share sheet to share the clip to almost any other app.
Here's what you'll find in Audible 2.10:
Introducing Clips: Now you can create clips of your favorite audiobook passages for later listening or sharing with friends, plus do everything you could previously do using Bookmarks.
Bug Fixes and Other Improvements:
- Narration Speeds – We've corrected the 2.5x and 3x playback speeds to play at the correct speed.
- Navigation Interruptions – If you use Apple Maps, enable the 'Pause Spoken Audio' setting for Apple Maps to enjoy a seamless listening experience while you drive.
- Headset Controls – We've fixed a bug that blocked use of Fast-Forward and Rewind from the headset controls.
- Other fixes and performance improvements.
You can grab Audible 2.10 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
I wish instead of releasing something as pointless as this they would make it so that you could download books from within the app instead of having to go through the web page.
Amazon doesn't want to share revenue with Apple
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.