What you need to know
- Best Buy is launching its own health and safety subscription service for the Apple Watch.
- The Lively app lets users access family and friends as well as doctors and emergency services.
- The company is offering savings on Apple Watch models with the purchase of a plan.
Best Buy is making its way into the health industry with a new partnership with Apple and the Apple Watch.
In a press release (opens in new tab), the company has announced that its health division, Best Buy Health, is launching a new app called Lively that can provide live help in both emergency and non-emergency situations. The company says that the service can be used for "everything from medical emergencies to sending help if a user has car trouble."
David Inns, Best Buy Health's president of active aging, says that the service will add peace of mind for older adults as well as their families.
For those who sign up for a two-year Preferred Health & Safety contract which costs $29.99 per month, Best Buy is offering $200 off the purchase on some of the Best Apple Watch models going including a new Apple Watch Series 6 or up to $150 off the purchase of a new Apple Watch SE. That package gives users access to the following features:
- Urgent Response, which provides a connection to highly trained Agents who can help in emergencies, big or small, 24/7. Get help fast by simply adding the Urgent Response button to Apple Watch face.
- Urgent Care, which allows the user to speak to a registered nurse or board-certified doctor from the comfort of home or on the go, without an appointment, 24/7. No insurance plan or co-pay is needed.
- GreatCall Link app for friends and family, which keeps them informed about their loved one's health and safety. They will be alerted on their smartphone if their loved one contacts Urgent Response and can even get updates on their location, device's battery life and daily activity.
Those who are interested can learn more on the Best Buy website (opens in new tab).
Apple Watch for most people
Feature-packed Apple Watch for less
Apple Watch SE features Apple's S5 chip and is great for fitness tracking, staying connected, and more!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.