Elevated Math is an iPad app that teaches you math. It has over 150 math lessons in topics such as numbers, geometry, algebra, probability, SAT and more. There are also career-oriented videos featuring professionals who use math in their jobs.
- Numbers and Operations – 40 lessons on whole number operations, integers, fractions, decimals, factors, decimal operations, exponents, powers, computational fluency of fractions, ratio, proportion, and percent.
- Measurement – 12 lessons on attributes and tools (the units, systems, processes, applications of measurement, and estimation), and perimeter, area, and volume.
- Geometry – 22 lessons on points, lines, angles and triangles, characteristics of geometric shapes, coordinate geometry and spatial visualization, and transformation of shapes
- Algebra – 90 lessons covering the concepts found in a middle grade Algebra 1 class. Patterns are represented and analyzed, and linear functions are represented with tables, graphs, verbal rules, and symbolic rules. Nonlinear relationships are studied, as are polynomial, exponential, and rational functions. Expressions are manipulated and simplified, and equations and inequalities are solved. And much more…
- Data analysis and probability – 9 lessons include selecting and using appropriate statistical methods for data analysis, developing inferences and predictions based on data, and applying basic concepts of probability typically covered in grades 6-8.
I've spent a little time with Elevated Math, and, as a math teacher, I am rather impressed. Kids and adults alike can learn math with this app. Elevated Math Press also includes additional materials, like teacher notes and student study sheets, on their website for free.
If you pick this on up, let us know what you think! Screenshots after the break!
[Free, with in-app purchases - iTunes link]
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite' has been streaming 17+ hours. With Apple ads.
Epic Games isn't letting up in its war with Apple over Fortnite.
People are already selling iPhones with Fortnite installed for huge sums
A surprising underground market has popped up now that Apple isn't letting us install Fortnite on iPhones.
'Ted Lasso' and 'Boys State' arrive on Apple TV+
A new comedy series, 'Ted Lasso', and political documentary 'Boys State' are now available on Apple TV+.
Head back to school in style with these great laptop bags
There is something about a new backpack that brings on the back-to-school excitement. If you're carrying a laptop to school, you'll need a backpack with a padded compartment to keep it safe as well as room for your other essentials.