Elevated Math is an iPad app that teaches you math. It has over 150 math lessons in topics such as numbers, geometry, algebra, probability, SAT and more. There are also career-oriented videos featuring professionals who use math in their jobs.
- Numbers and Operations – 40 lessons on whole number operations, integers, fractions, decimals, factors, decimal operations, exponents, powers, computational fluency of fractions, ratio, proportion, and percent.
- Measurement – 12 lessons on attributes and tools (the units, systems, processes, applications of measurement, and estimation), and perimeter, area, and volume.
- Geometry – 22 lessons on points, lines, angles and triangles, characteristics of geometric shapes, coordinate geometry and spatial visualization, and transformation of shapes
- Algebra – 90 lessons covering the concepts found in a middle grade Algebra 1 class. Patterns are represented and analyzed, and linear functions are represented with tables, graphs, verbal rules, and symbolic rules. Nonlinear relationships are studied, as are polynomial, exponential, and rational functions. Expressions are manipulated and simplified, and equations and inequalities are solved. And much more…
- Data analysis and probability – 9 lessons include selecting and using appropriate statistical methods for data analysis, developing inferences and predictions based on data, and applying basic concepts of probability typically covered in grades 6-8.
I've spent a little time with Elevated Math, and, as a math teacher, I am rather impressed. Kids and adults alike can learn math with this app. Elevated Math Press also includes additional materials, like teacher notes and student study sheets, on their website for free.
If you pick this on up, let us know what you think! Screenshots after the break!
[Free, with in-app purchases - iTunes link]
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
On Apple and the FBI regarding privacy, from San Bernardino to Pensacola
We compare two of the most high-profile Apple news stories in recent memory.
Apple and Google accused of using market dominance to cripple competition
Sonos, Tile, Basecamp and PopSockets have all testified to a House antitrust committee, stating that big tech firms like Amazon, Apple and Google used their market dominance and bullying business tactics to crush competition.
Apple signs multi-year Apple TV+ deal with Seinfeld's Julia Louis-Dreyfous
Apple has signed a multi-year deal with Julia Louise-Dreyfus, formerly of Saturday Night Live and Seinfeld.
Don't lose important data on your Mac, make sure to back it up!
One of the most important things you should be doing with your Mac is backing up all of its data. Here are some of our favorite solutions for backing up your most important files, should anything ever happen.