Ingress, the GPS-based adventure game from Google's Niantic Labs, wants its current players to encourage their family and friends to join in. It will do so with a new Recruiter Medal that will reward the "agents" of Ingress for their efforts in this area.
Google says Ingress players can access the new "Recruit" tab in the Ops menu of the game to begin the process of adding new player. It adds:
The Recruiter Medal will have five tiers, rewarding players based on the amount of new Agents they successfully enlist, including:
- Bronze - Recruiter enlisted two Agents who have reached Level 3 or higher.
- SIlver - Recruiter enlisted ten Agents who have reached Level 3 or higher.
- Gold - Recruiter enlisted twenty-five Agents who have reached Level 3 or higher.
- Platinum - Recruiter enlisted fifty Agents who have reached Level 3 or higher.
- Black - Recruiter enlisted one hundred Agents who have reached Level 3 or higher.
Niantic Labs also plans to launch the Top 100 Recruiter leaderboard, where players can see which factions got the most recruits.
- Free Download now (opens in new tab)
I have been writing professionally about technology and gaming news for 14 years.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.