MyFord Mobile for Apple Watch lets you start select cars from your wrist
Ford has updated its MyFord mobile app with support for the Apple Watch. The apps are geared towards owners of Ford's electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, specifically the Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Focus Electric and Ford Fusion Energi. The smartwatch apps allow owners of these vehicles to check the range and charge status of their car's battery life and remaining range, for instance.
In addition to checking your car's battery, there are a number of other MyFord functions that have been brought down to size for your smartwatch. Here's everything you can do with MyFord Mobile for Apple Watch:
- Range and charge status for battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- Capability to initiate preconditioning of vehicle cabin remotely
- Locking/unlocking capability
- Vehicle mileage summary
- Last trip summary includes personal driving score, percentage of electric vehicle miles
- Vehicle location provides walking or driving directions back to your parked car
The update to MyFord Mobile is available now from the App Store.
- Free - Download Now
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.