Nest has updated its app for iPhone and iPad, and amidst updates like spaces, which lets you group your Nest devices by room, or support for 1080p video from the Dropcam Pro, the company has added support for the Apple Watch. You can now control your Nest Thermostat right from your wrist.
Here's everything you can expect with Nest 5.6:
- Spaces groups your Nest products by room and lets you see all your cameras at once. And if you're connected to Wi-Fi, shows you all of their live views.
- Share a password protected live view of your camera. Now grandma can see what the kids are up to at video.nest.com.
- 1080p support for Dropcam Pro.
- Automatic video quality adjustment helps make sure you get a continuous, clear picture.
We've also added support for Apple Watch. You can now control your Nest Thermostat from your wrist.
You can grab the latest update to Nest for iPhone and iPad from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
I've been using this app for months:
http://www.thermowatch.net/ It's faster than this new native Nest app, and the killer feature -- gives you haptic feedback when your Nest thermostat has received the command from your watch.
Pretty slow. But it works.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.