If you're an adult that likes to sit down and relax with a good coloring book every now and again, a new app for iPhone and iPad called Pigment might be worth a look. Pigment allows you to pick from more than 200 patterns, designs and more to color, and comes chocked with different coloring tools to get the effect you want. There are also several color palettes to choose from, along with Apple Pencil and 3D Touch support. Here are the highlights:
- Pigment is the only coloring book app that simulates pencil and brush strokes for a realistic coloring experience
- 8 kinds of coloring tools — colored pencil, marker, paint brush, fill, airbrush, circle brush, linear gradient, and radial gradient
- Fully supports finger, Apple Pencil, and third-party stylus input
- 200+ professionally illustrated works to color
- Unlimited number of colors using the professionally curated palettes and the innovative shade control
- Share your work by email, SMS, Facebook, Instagram, and other social networks
- AirPrint the art that you create
- Subscribe to Premium Access for a new book of designs every week
While Pigment certainly shines on the iPhone, where it has real potential is with the combination of the Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro to replicate the traditional coloring experience without the usual limitations. Pigment is free to download, with an optional premium subscription that gives you access to all of the designs in the Pigment Library, removes watermarks and lets you save high resolution versions of your works. If you'd like to check it out, be sure to hit up the App Store link below.
- Free (optional subscription) - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Description says kids 5 and under - where did the adult part come from? :) Sent from the iMore App
You have got to try "Coloring Advanced Free Tangles" it is the best coloring app by far!
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.