What you need to know
- Pokémon UNITE is coming to the iPhone for the first time.
- The company has announced that the title will be available through the App Store on September 22.
As if the iPhone wasn't already dominated by Pokémon Go, the company has another title on the way soon.
In a tweet, the company has announced that Pokémon UNITE is coming to mobile. The title will be available on both iOS and Android starting on September 22.
#PokemonUNITE is coming to mobile on September 22!
Pre-register for special rewards! pic.twitter.com/r671Bs31el#PokemonUNITE is coming to mobile on September 22!
Pre-register for special rewards! pic.twitter.com/r671Bs31el— Pokémon UNITE (@PokemonUnite) August 18, 2021August 18, 2021
Pokémon UNITE is the company's first 5-on-5 strategic team battle game. Players will be thrust into battle as Pokémon trainers on Aeos Island.
Here are the full features of the game:
- BATTLE IN STYLE: Take to the field while looking your best in Holowear! Thanks to a special technology developed using Aeos energy, Trainers can deck out their Pokémon in a variety of holographic outfits—with new styles arriving regularly!
- UNITE MOVES: Unleash the true power of your Pokémon with Unite Moves! Leverage these all-new Pokémon moves, which are only possible while in Unite Battles, and turn the tide of even the direst situations.
- RANK UP: Looking to prove how skilled you are? Participate in ranked matches, and earn points as you climb up the global leaderboard!
- COMMUNICATION IS KEY: Even the most skilled Trainers recognize how important communication is to their team's success. Leverage signals, quick-chat messages, and—for the first time in a Pokémon title—voice chat to communicate and stay in sync with your team.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Challenge Trainers from around the world to Unite Battles on the Nintendo SwitchTM system or on a compatible mobile device thanks to cross-platform support. Trainers may use their Pokémon Trainer Club account or Nintendo Account on both Nintendo Switch and mobile to easily keep their progress synced between devices.
If you'd like to ensure you get Pokémon UNITE as soon as it is available, you can preorder it on the App Store now. If you'd like to find another game to pass the time while you are waiting, check out our list of the Best iPhone Games.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.