What you need to know
- T-Mobile is giving away a free year of Apple TV+ to select customers.
- Customers on select plans can redeem the offer starting on August 25.
- It is available to existing Apple TV+ subscribers as well.
Today, T-Mobile announced that its customers can redeem a free year of Apple TV+, courtesy of the carrier. Customers of the "Un-carrier" can begin to redeem the free year of Apple TV+ starting on August 25. The promotion will be available to both new and existing T-Mobile customers on Magenta and Magenta MAX plans as well as Sprint customers on Unlimited Plus and Premium plans.
Jon Freier, EVP of Consumer Group at T-Mobile, says that streaming is making up over half of the traffic on its network now.
Peter Stern, Apple's VP of Services, touted that Apple TV+ currently enjoys "the highest-rated originals of any streaming service."
Below are all of the plans across T-Mobile and Sprint that are eligible for the offer:
- Magenta MAX
- Magenta 55+
- Magenta Military
- Magenta First Responders
- Sprint Unlimited Plus
- Sprint Premium
- Small T-Mobile for Business
Below are the ways that customers can redeem the new offer:
- Magenta, Magenta MAX and small T-Mobile for Business customers can login to the T-Mobile app or my.t-mobile.com and redeem the offer in your rate plan details to start streaming immediately.
- Sprint Unlimited Plus and Premium customers can visit promotions.t-mobile.com, login and then enter the promo code 2021APPLETVP1 to redeem. This route also works for Magenta customers.
- Already have a subscription or trial in the works or in the past? No worries, you can still get 12 months of Apple TV+ from T-Mobile AND keep all your past history and purchases saved thanks to your Apple ID.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.