At its September event, Apple announced its brand new Apple One services bundle, a brand new subscription that will allow customers to combine all of Apple's most popular services into one single monthly payment. There are different tiers of the service, which includes Apple Music, TV+, Apple Arcade, iCloud, and Apple Fitness+. Here's everything you need to know about Apple One.
The short list
- Release date: October 30 (Apple Fitness + is due to launch 'later this quarter', so isn't available as part of any bundle yet)
- Included: Apple Arcade, Apple Music, Apple News+, Apple TV+, iCloud storage, and the all-new Apple Fitness+ service.
- Price: Three possible bundles, starting at $14.95 per month.
The current price for each Apple service priced separately is as follows:
- Apple Music, $9.99 for individuals, $14.99 for families.
- Apple Arcade, $4.95, includes family membership.
- Apple TV+, $4.95, includes family membership.
- Apple Fitness+, $9.99 per month, includes family membership.
- Apple News, $9.99 per month, includes family membership.
- iCloud storage, 50GB per month, $0.99 per month, individual use only
- iCloud storage, 200GB per month, $2.99 per month, shareable by family
- iCloud storage, 2TB, $9.99 per month, shareable by family
Pick and choose
The Apple One bundles, when available, include:
- Individual includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage for $14.95 per month. Savings: around $6/month.
- Family includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage for $19.95 per month, and can be shared among up to six family members. Savings: around $8/month.
- Premier, where available, includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+, and 2TB of iCloud storage for $29.95 per month, and can be shared among up to six family members. Savings: $25/month. If you're an individual, you're still saving $20/month here.
Yes, the Premier package gives you the best deal
If you need a family plan, the Apple One Premier package is the one where you'll save the most per month. At $29.95, this package will save you $25 per month over the cost of buying each service separately.
Apple One will include a 30-day free trial for any services that customers do not already have. With Apple One, customers will receive only one invoice each month, and they can easily change or cancel their Apple One plan at any time. With the Family and Premier plans, up to six family members can access all the included services with their own personal accounts and preferences.
The new bundles will be available to customers in over 100 countries and regions and allow users to enjoy their favorite Apple services across their favorite devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, and Mac.