Tinder makes flirting more fun with GIF messaging
Tinder (opens in new tab), the popular dating app, has seen its iPhone version updated with a number of new features, including GIF messaging, and support for peek and pop for links on the iPhone 6s. The app also now lets you upload pictures from your phone's Camera roll.
You'll find the following changes in Tinder 4.8:
- Gif Messaging: Send animated GIFs from Giphy while messaging on Tinder. GIFs are the perfect way to start a conversation and have fun while messaging. When sending a message, tap the GIF button next to the text input box. We'll show you a list of trending GIFs that you can send to your matches. You can also search for GIFs to find something unique.
- Upload Profile Photos from Phone: You can now upload profile photos that are stored in your camera roll. We hope this makes it easier for you to add new photos and change them more often.
- Message Liking: When someone sends you a message that you really like, tap the heart next to the message. It's a fun and easy way to reward your matches when they're being smart, thoughtful or funny. Your match will receive a notification letting them know that you liked their message.
- Larger Emojis: Emojis on Tinder are now an even bigger deal. When you send an emoji without other text, we'll increase the size of the emoji.
- Peek & Pop in Chat Links: iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus - furthering our support of 3D Touch, we'll now open web pages upon tapping 3D links within match conversations. We hope this helps you share interesting and relevant links with your matches.
You can grab Tinder 4.8 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
More about social apps
Larger Emojis... because size matters? sorry... couldn't help myself.
How about just go on a date in reality? Sent from the iMore App
Well obviously the idea of messaging is to end up meeting up... in reality