What you need to know
- Apple released the watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate today.
- It has revealed that the new update will make the ECG feature available to users in Australia and Vietnam.
Apple released the watchOS 7.4 Release Candidate earlier today and with it, revealed that some additional countries are getting the ECG app on their Apple Watch.
As reported by 9to5Mac, watchOS 7.4 is set to release to the public next week and, when it does, the ECG app will be enabled for Apple Watch users in Australia and Vietnam.
The update is bringing a few other features to the Apple Watch as well, like the ability to unlock your iPhone while wearing a face mask without having to enter in your passcode. Fitness+ will also now stream both audio and video over AirPlay 2:
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
watchOS 7.4 is set to release to the public next week along with iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and tvOS 14.5.
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.