The Weather Channel gets a brand new look, 3D Touch support, and 15-day forecasts
The Weather Channel has updated its app for iPhone and iPad, bringing a refreshed look and interface across the app and adding several new features. These include a new, six-minute video all about weather, 15-day forecasts, and support for 3D Touch quick actions.
Here's the list of everything that's changed in The Weather Channel 7.0:
- Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
- Morning Show: Watch "The Lift," a 6-minute show that's exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Ari Sarsalari and Domenica Davis as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
- Remove in-app ads: We love that our sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free but, for those of you who want an ad-free version, it is here! For a $3.99 in-app purchase, you get 1 year of The Weather Channel app without ads. Go to your settings menu to purchase.
- 15-day forecasts: We are always pursuing the perfect forecast, and the science just got better. Introducing 15-day forecasts that you can rely on.
- Apple "Quick Actions:" On 3D touch supported devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone6s+), press deeply on The Weather Channel App icon from your home screen, and you'll see a fun surprise!
- Flu and Pollen reports: Know the flu and pollen levels near you--just tap on the health module for details.
Download The Weather Channel 7.0 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
By Tammy Rogers
By Kevin Lynch