What you need to know
- Wordsmyth gives gamers nine letters and asks them to make words.
- Gamers are treated to soothing sounds and stunning visuals as they play.
Word games have been around longer than most but that doesn't mean that everyone enjoys them. I find they stress me out more than anything, but Wordsmyth changes that. The new word game is as much of a way of de-stressing as it is taxing the mind and it's available for download today on iOS.
A deceptively simple game, Wordsmyth gives players nine letters and asks them to create words out of them. They're treated to soothing music and stunning visuals as they play and the whole thing is surprisingly relaxing. You could use this game to get you to sleep, as crazy as that sounds! The audio is that good.
Check out the trailer:
At its core, Wordsmyth is a puzzle familiar to everyone - create as many words as you can from just 9 letters. You are told how many words can be created, and given a clear list of those you have already discovered. There is even a hint system that gives you enough of a nudge towards a new word, without ever giving you the full answer.
- Simple, Refined Gameplay Turn your letters into as many words as you can think of, from 3 letter words up to at least one guaranteed 9 letter word each day.
- Beautiful Environments Stunning, dynamic scenes move and interact as you progress.
- Daily Focus Briefly escape from the daily grind with a new puzzle every day, giving you more words to find and a fresh experience to enjoy.
- Clear Progress Each of the words you find are stored in a list each day, with a clear indication of how many are left to find.
- Hints, without the Spoilers A hint button helps nudge you towards those missing words without ever revealing the answer.
- Take Your Time Your last 7 puzzles will be kept for you, so you can drop back at any time to start from where you left off.
#screenshotsaturday My ‘Lockdown Hobby’ is out on Thursday for #ios and #android, and available for pre-order now!
Making @WordsmythApp has given me focus, away from the chaos of the last 12 months. I hope now it can do the same for others.#gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity pic.twitter.com/6rywqAT5Ef#screenshotsaturday My ‘Lockdown Hobby’ is out on Thursday for #ios and #android, and available for pre-order now!
Making @WordsmythApp has given me focus, away from the chaos of the last 12 months. I hope now it can do the same for others.#gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity pic.twitter.com/6rywqAT5Ef— rDesign (@TheDreadmill) February 20, 2021February 20, 2021
You can download Wordsmyth from the App Store now. It's priced at a very reasonable $2.99.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.