It's Fitness Month here at iMore and Mobile Nations and this week's focus is on exercise. We've already taken a look at the hardcore bootcamp app P90X, so this time we're going to take a look at an app for a gentler workout approach: Yoga Studio.
Yoga Studio has 30 ready-made yoga classes ranging from 15 to 60 minutes with beginner, intermediate, or expert yoga poses. You can filter the classes by ability, focus, or duration. Each class is not initially installed onto your device with your app so as to not take up a bunch of storage. Instead, you can pick and choose and download the ones you want.
After you download a class, you can go through each pose and learn exactly how to do them, view a photo, see a list of their benefits, how to modify them for more novice or advanced users, and things to be careful about (like if you have back or hip inflammation, for example).
In addition to just looking at the poses individually, you can watch a video that goes through the entire class. The instructor has a very calm voice and there is calming music in the background. As the instructor tells you what to do, a model demonstrates the poses on the video. Tapping the video will pause it and give you options to skip to the next pose, share with AirPlay, or finish watching.
The classes included with Yoga Studio are great, but if you'd rather create your own class with the exact combination of poses that you want, you can. You can start from a clean slate or customize an already existing class.
Yoga Studio also integrates with the built-in Calendar so that you can schedule in times to take your classes. When you get an alert from Calendar, you just simply click the link and Yoga Studio will launch and take you strait to your class.
- 30 ready-made classes with videos
- Over 280 poses
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced poses and classes
- 15, 30, and 60 minute classes
- Detailed description for each pose
- Create your own classes
- Search for poses, including pose blocks of short, common sequences of poses
- Schedule classes with Calendar
- Play classes on your TV with Apple TV and AirPlay
- Universal for iPhone and iPad
- No complaints
The bottom line
Whether you're completely new to yoga or a seasoned expert, Yoga Studio is an excellent yoga class. It's packed with over 280 poses, 30 classes, and more. Yoga is an excellent workout for body and mind and Yoga Studio is a fantastic way to attend classes at a very low price. I highly recommend Yoga Studio and look forward to using it more regularly, myself.
Also, don't forget to enter all our Fitness Month contests! Lots of great prizes up for grabs!
- $2.99 - Download now (opens in new tab)
FINALLY a good yoga app! I've been looking for so long - thank you!
Does it include any DDP/YRG workouts?
Recommend to try my app Guided Meditation
* Step by step affirmations and flight through fantastic worlds guide you to the depths of the subconscious
* The exceptional atmosphere of endless journey helps to calm and clear your mind
* 12+ Meditation scripts: Breathing, Counting, Body Awareness, Healing, Pain Management, Chakra Healing, Light Protection, Positive Thinking, Learn an Instrument, Learning Language, Produce Calmness, Meditation for Acting
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.