You can now edit Office files on Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on iOS
What you need to know
- Microsoft Office files are now able to be edited on Google's iOS apps.
- It works for Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.
In an update on the Google Workspace website, the company has announced that it is bringing Microsoft Office file editing to Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
The update will bring the collaboration and assistive features within Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides to the Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Powerpoint files you are working on within Google's apps.
According to the announcement, the update will allow users to edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office files, improve sharing options, and removes the need to convert files.
- Allows you to edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office files using Google Docs', Sheets', and Slides' powerful real-time collaboration tools.
- Improves sharing options, improves sharing controls, and reduces the need to download and email file attachments.
- Streamlines workflows by reducing the need to convert file types.
The new feature will be available across all of Google's service packages including both business and personal accounts.
The feature is available now for all users.
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.