Adobe has launched a new app for the iPad called Comp CC. It's been made to give designers a basic way to make initial designs that can be filled out on the company's desktop apps.
Adobe Comp CC has been made to replace the use of pen and paper for designers of mobile apps, websites and more for their first brainstorms, but adding the ability to use assets from Adobe's cloud service. Content created in Adobe Comp CC can then be transferred to the company's full-featured desktop design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Here's a look at its main features:
- DIRECT TO YOUR DESKTOP - Export a native file to your choice of InDesign CC, Photoshop CC, or Illustrator CC. It automatically opens on your desktop, letting you effortlessly build on your original idea.
- ONE INFINITE TIMELINE - Projects save as a single file with a limitless history, removing the need for version control. Show your creative process by scrubbing your steps with a 3-finger slide, or rewind to and export from any point in your timeline.
- SIMPLE-TO-USE GESTURES - Explore ideas quickly with a few simple gestures. Drop in lines of placeholder text just by swiping a finger. Trace a quick outline for basic shapes or editable text boxes, and mark it with an X to make an image frame.
- TYPEKIT FONTS - Everyone can browse, preview, and select from over a hundred free, high-quality fonts right within the app. Creative Cloud subscribers are armed with a veritable arsenal.
- MULTI-APP INTEGRATION - Place graphics you've created in Photoshop or Illustrator, drawings from Photoshop Sketch and Illustrator Draw, or pull in what you've captured in Shape CC and Color CC.
- CREATIVE CLOUD CONNECTED - Import your saved asset collections from Creative Cloud Libraries or ready-made vector graphics and icons from Creative Cloud Market.
While Adobe Comp CC is free to download, it does require at least a free Creative Cloud membership with 2GB of cloud storage.
- Free with Creative Cloud account - Download now