Get the most out of your new 12-inch Macbook's USB-C port by pairing it with a great adapter!
The USB-C port on your MacBook is still new and that means you may need an adapter to connect to your older USB accessories, like drives, printers, and projectors. Luckily, there's no shortage of options to help you out, so we're running down the best adapters money can buy to help you get the most out of your one-port-to-rule-them-all!
Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
One of the overall best adapters for video—and more—comes right from Apple. To turn your single USB-C port into three, this adapter gives you:
- An HDMI port with 1080p HD capabilities
- A USB port
- A USB-C port
Apple's Multiport Adapter is a great solution if you regularly connect your MacBook to your TV or camera. You can access the USB-C port while the others are in use to keep your phone or other compatible devices charging, as well.
JOTO USB-C Lightning Cable
iPhones and iPads still have to connect over a Lightning cable, and that means you need a Lightning to USB-C for your Macbook. That'll help with
- Charging your iPhone or iPad from your laptop
- Connecting to iTunes or Photos to sync content.
Not only does the cable eliminate the need for an additional adapter, it gives you 3.3 feet of length to play with. There's also no need to check the connector orientation as both USB-C and Lightning are reversible.
Belkin USB-C Adapter
This reversible USB-C connector is a popular choice for anyone and everyone with older peripherals that need to be plugged into the new MacBook. That includes:
- Flash drives
- Mouse or external keyboard
- USB printers
- USB charging cables
Apple's USB-C to USB Adapter
Similar to the above, but Apple branded if that sort of thing matters to you. Again, it's a great way to keep using older peripherals with your new MacBook.
- It's inexpensive
- It's Apple, so you know you're getting great quality
- Easy access to documents and photos on your old USB drives
- Easily plug into a USB printer
The AVLT-Power USB-C Aluminum Adapter Cable
Another alternative for simple data transfer comes from AVLT-Power.
- Available in gray, gold, and silver, it will match your new MacBook perfectly.
- The high-quality aluminum is durable.
- It's easy to spot in a cluttered workspace.
- Perfect for a mouse, flash drive, or USB printer.
Don't see your favorite adapter on the list? Tell us about it in the comments!