How to re-download movies, music, and TV shows to your Mac or PC with iTunes in the Cloud
If you purchase movies, music, and TV shows from iTunes, it doesn't matter what device you purchased them on, in most cases they're available to you via iTunes in the Cloud, part of iCloud, from anywhere. Aside from your iPhone and iPad, that also includes iTunes on your Mac or PC.
How to re-download purchased iTunes content to your Mac or PC with iTunes in the Cloud
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Click on iTunes and System Preferences at the top — on a PC click on Edit and then Preferences.
- Click on the Store tab and make sure Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases is checked.
- Close out of preferences and in your library, choose the media type in the top left via the drop-down menu.
- Click on the cloud icon next to the movie, music item, or TV show you'd like to download.
- Click on the downloads button to confirm the download initiated.
- Sit back and wait for your content to download!
If you don't want to physically download media, you can stream most iTunes in the Cloud content right to your Mac or PC with iTunes without ever having to actually download it. This is a great option if you have a fast internet connection and limited space on your hard drive. Keep in mind, however, that due to licensing issues, some content may not always be available through iTunes in the Cloud.