How do you take a screenshot on the all-new iPhone 7, given its virtual Home button? Easily!
The classic way to take a screenshot on iPhone is to click the Home and Power button at the same time. But there's nothing classic about the iPhone 7 and its virtual Home button, which ditches the mechanical switch for all-new Taptic Engine technology.
So, does that change the way you capture a screen, like it does the way you reboot? Not at all! The feeling may be different, but the procedure remains exactly the same. Press both buttons and all your favorite high scores, Pokemon captures, message threads, bug shots, and anything and everything else will still be yours!
How to take a screenshot of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus (and all earlier iPhone models)
- Open the app you want to screenshot and go to the exact screen you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Power button on the right side and click the Home button at the exact same time. (This helps ensure you don't activate Touch ID or Siri by accident while trying to take your screenshot.)
- The screen will flash white, you'll hear the camera shutter sound, and the screenshot will be saved to your All Photos album (or Camera Roll if you're not using iCloud Photo Library).
- Open the Photos app from your Home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find your screenshot.
- Tap to view, favorite, edit, or share it.
- You can also tap the camera icon or use the edit menu in apps like Messages or Mail to insert your screenshot into texts, email, and more.
How to take screenshots with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac
- How to screenshot your Apple Watch
- How to screenshot your iPhone
- How to screenshot your iPad
- How to screenshot your Apple TV
- How to screenshot your Mac