One-on-one is kinda fun, but you can get loud with a crowd!
Group chat is the killer feature of WhatsApp that has made it one of the most popular messengers in the App Store. While iMessage group chats work great amongst your friends with iPhones, WhatsApp lets you add folks to a group chat regardless of their smartphone preference. That's smart!
- Launch WhatsApp from you Home screen.
- Tap the Chats tab at the bottom of the screen.
Tap New Group.
Type a group subject in the text field (max. 25 characters). Feel free to include emojis if you like.
- Tap Next on the top right of the screen.
Add contacts to the group. There are a few ways to do so:
Type a contact's name into the text field.
- Swipe through the contact list and tap a contact to add them to the group.
Tap Create on the top right of your screen to create your group chat.
Alternatively, you can also add contacts:
- Tap the add icon, which looks like a plus sign, to open your contacts list.
- Tap the contact you'd like to add to the group. You can add multiple contacts to your group simply tapping the box next to their names.
Tap Create to enter your group chat.