Screens, the gorgeous VNC app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad by Edovia has just hit version 1.5 and it's a great update. In addition to speed boosts for both Windows and Mac, and the usual bug fixes, it adds:
- Revamped and more responsive UI,
- Added Hebrew and Korean keyboard support,
- Fullscreen modes (full, partial and off). Use a 3 finger tap to toggle between modes,
- iPhone: Keyboard toggle button now exclusively on modifiers toolbar,
- iPad: New Grid view. Great for those who have a lot of screens to flick through,
- Privacy: Display a screenshot, a blank screen or an image from your photo albums when disconnecting from a remote computer,
- Screens Connect status now available in the settings,
- Now supports url schemes (see Getting Started Guide for details),
I've used a lot of VNC clients and while each has its strengths and weaknesses, the sheer thoughtfulness of Screens' UI keeps bringing me back. There's nothing that shuts up a neck-bearded iPad hater faster than whipping up Screens, connecting to a couple Mac, Windows, or Linux boxes, and doing it with style.
If you try out the update, let us know what you think.
[$19.99 - iTunes link]